Whitehall Resources are looking for an experienced PDI Developer for an initial 3 month contract.
This role will be remote working initially, and Manchester based when movement restrictions are lifted.
- Ability to work within defined standards and job frameworks.
- Ensure clear understanding of requirements
- Work with Architects and Lead Developers to gain high level understanding of solution architecture
- Should actively participate in stand-ups and sprint meetings
- Experience in troubleshooting Pentaho Data Integrator server including platform and Tools issues
- Responsible for unit testing their own work and peer reviews where required to ensure accurate completion of development task
- Familiar with GIT source code repository for code version management and branching
- Experience with using PDI with relational databases
- AWS (S3)
- General ETL knowledge
- Apache, Hadoop, hive, Impala, hdfs etc.
- Berlin sos Jobscheduler
- General Scripting
Mandatory technical skills -
- Experience working with Cloudera Hadoop platforms (eg EDH)
- Knowledge of the Data Acquisition Ingestion Pipeline (at least good awareness and understanding of the stages the data goes through, soable to pick up and understand how the spreadsheets work)
- Good knowledge of Pentaho Data Integrator development skills
- They must have Pentaho experience
- Experience with using PDI with relational databases.
- Oracle and MySQL desirable. Familiar with GIT source code repository for code version management and branching.
- Operational support of system components
- Software configuration management/Version control
- Software release management/Release management of service improvements
All of our opportunities require that applicants are eligible to work in the specified country/location, unless otherwise stated in the job description.