Oracle Developer (PL/ SQL Developer)
The desired candidate will fill in the position of a PL/SQL developer. This person's primary responsibility will be to develop PL/SQL code – procedure, functions, and packages to transform the source data based on business rules and load them in to target tables in the warehouse. Other responsibilities include query analysis & optimization, and maintenance of the data models. Additional responsibilities will include working with Tableau, Business Objects and J2EE technologies.
Essential Job Functions:
- Conduct a detailed discussion with the SMEs and document the understanding of the business requirements.
- Write Low Level Design, Unit Testing Plan, and Unit Test case documentation.
- Troubleshoot performance related issues.
- Support system and user acceptance testing activities, including issue resolution.
- Research problems reported by clients and other stakeholders and recommend fixes and solutions to be implemented after review by SMEs.
- Complete technical documentation to ensure system is fully documented.
Educational Qualification and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related discipline, and 2+ years of experience in Oracle development environment.
- Good PL SQL programming experience in Oracle 11g – creating procedure, packages, functions, and triggers.
- Good experience in development of Data Warehouse, Operational Data Store, and ETL solutions.
- Good experience with data storage and retrieval.
- Good experience with SQL analysis and query optimization.
- Good experience with Job Scheduling.
- Good experience with Shell Scripting.
- Basic experience with Agile/Scrum development methodology.
- Oracle Certification
- Good analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Basic knowledge of data modeling concepts and methodologies (Kimball) used in a data warehousing environment.
- Good communication and writing skills with the ability to work in challenging environment.
- Ability to multi-task their workload assignments.
- Good analytical, problem-identification/solving skills.
- Self-starter who enjoys working in an international team.
- Flexibility, creativity and initiative.
- Good knowledge and experience in PL/SQL, Oracle 11x (latest DB version) and/or SQL server
Educational Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Computing Science, Engineering, or related discipline, and 10+ years of experience in Oracle development environment or Master's degree and 7+years of experience
Job Type: Contract
- United States (Preferred)