"Any unsolicited resumes submitted directly to any CIT employee will be deemed a gift. Recruiter/Recruiting Agency forfeits their right to represent submitted candidate upon breach of Company policy."
The Network Engineer person will manage and direct all networking and communications platforms and systems. Responsible for all LAN/WAN/Firewall/Wireless/Internet/Telephony design, configuration, implementation, monitoring, reporting and support. Interacts and provides direction to IT team. Experience in telecommunications network design and management. Must be able to work independently, with little guidance, on requirements that are moderately complex to analyze, plan, program, and implement. Experience in analysis and design of voice networks, LAN and WAN data networks, wireless networks, and/or network management systems to support voice and data services. Analyzes and develops telecommunications networks supporting a wide range of capabilities, including voice, data, video, and/or wireless services. Develops designs and plans for installation and maintenance of telecommunications systems from project inception to conclusion. Analyzes problems and the characteristics of the information to be transported. Defines the problem and develops system requirements and network specifications. Closely coordinates with other IS system professionals to ensure proper implementation of network services. Develops alternative solutions and backup plans.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- LAN/WAN/Firewall/Wireless/Internet/Telephony responsible for design, configuration, troubleshooting and implementation of all aspects of network infrastructure.
- MPLS traffic engineering design, configuration and troubleshooting.
- Complex routing, switching and wireless solutions -- Cisco is a must.
- Cisco Enterprise Wireless communication design, configuration
- Firewalls/VPNs -- Cisco and Palo Alto is a must
- IDS/IPS solutions -- Websense/Palo Alto'
- Palo Alto next generation firewalls -- malware prevention, IDS/IPS, Wildfire, Panorama
- Cisco -- Prime, ISE, LiveAction, APIC-EM, WLC, Industrial switches, voice gateways
- KPI's (key performance indicators) -- maintain accurate and timely reporting of KPI's identified.
- Achieve and maintain system uptime for critical servers or services.
- Internal controls (Audit) as applicable to the site -- maintain guidelines for a system of internal control. Conduct self-audits and reviews to assess compliance.
- Maintain and manage vendor relationships.
- Management of third-party vendors and service provider's contracts.
- Project management -- create and manage project plans with goals of delivering every project on time, within budget and within scope. Including timely and accurate project reporting.
- Disaster recovery for site critical applications -- ownership of all DR related items to include: documentation, design, planning, testing, and reporting.
- Documentation -- maintains current and accurate documentation for the following: SOP (standard operating procedures, Processes, Contracts, Software licensing, managed services, networks, etc.
- Responsible for budget planning and development for all CIT sites.
- Primary responsibilities include performing project-based engineering, design, installation and troubleshooting of data/security networks.
- Maintain help desk resolution within Service Level Agreement (SLA).
- Prepare complex network designs for new and existing client site establishments, site relocations, network upgrades, network expansions, and disaster recovery setups with a focus on Cisco for core network requirements
- Implement and maintain logical design models (L2/L3, spanning tree, VTP, VLANs, physical cabling), remote VPN software, network control protocols (QOS, PoE, NTP, DHCP), network management protocols (CDP, FTP, TFTP, SNMP), and security protocols (SSH, HTTPS, AAA)
- Understanding of popular network communication protocols such as SIP, DHCP, DNS, RCP, HTTP, SNMP, and ICMP.
- Working familiarity in implementing and troubleshooting dynamic routing protocols: RIPv2 and RIPng, and OSPF.
- Provide Tier 3 support for all network and data communication issues including private and internet circuits, routing protocols, VPN connectivity, WAN optimization, hardware, and 3rd party vendor connectivity
- Research networking issues and products as required and leverage critical thinking skills to evaluate all viable solutions while using appropriate judgment in applying effective resolutions
- Properly address and prioritize tasks based on urgent and highly-sensitive client needs and manage appropriate/realistic expectations to ensure overall client satisfaction
- Responsible for configuring IPSec VPN tunnels, IP communication, and routing (OSPF, EIGRP, BGP)
- Leverage a strong knowledge of equipment, production processes, quality control, and other techniques for maximizing efficiency
- Continuous and accurate Cisco equipment setup and maintenance.
- Assist with licensing compliance and annual true-up activities.
- Achieve compliance with Carlisle Companies IT policies and procedures.
- Follow, create, review and maintain information security practices.
- Manage backup of networking systems configurations, maintain up to date patch levels and recommended practice.
- Direct and support local and remote IT activities and staff.
- Responsibilities could include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning assisting, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Provides ongoing training to applicable staff to develop and encourage their technical and operational performance. Meet with appropriate staff on a timely basis for performance evaluations and goal setting.
- Ensures company standard practices and procedures are followed.
- Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk and/or hear. The employee frequently is required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Other duties may be assigned*
Work is performed in a normal office environment with minimal physical risks involved. The noise level is usually low to moderate. Occasionally the job may require that you enter the production area, which you will need to maintain OSHA safety standards.
Carlisle Interconnect Technologies is dedicated to identifying and reducing the environmental impact of its operations, activities, and products. It is our commitment to comply with all applicable laws and other regulatory requirements concerning the environment. We are committed to preventing pollution and continually improving our environmental performance in all global operations. This will be achieved through a comprehensive Environmental Management System that provides the framework for setting and reviewing environmental objectives and targets of Carlisle Interconnect Technologies.
EXPORT COMPLIANCE DISCLAIMER
This position includes access or potential access to ITAR and/or EAR technical data. Therefore, candidates will need to qualify as a US Person which is defined as a US Citizen, or a Permanent Resident (Green Card Holder).
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university (Information Technology, Information Systems) preferred. Applicable experience can be substituted for college education.
- Five (5) to ten (10) years of progressive experience in networking related field.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- Cisco certification CCNP is required, CCIE is preferred.
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English.
- Skills including planning, purchasing and sourcing is desired.
- Strong understanding of routing, WAN/LAN, and transport technologies (Ethernet, Frame Relay, MPLS)
- Advanced customer support and interface skills.
- A team player that can relate to people at all levels of the organization and possesses excellent communication skills.
- Ability to travel and work remotely.
- Work outside of normal business hours when required (scheduled maintenance, outage response, last minute urgent requests, etc.)
- An energetic, forward-thinking and creative individual with high ethical standards and a positive professional image.
- Ability to be flexible and able to function comfortably in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret technical periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to communicate well in written reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals desired.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from managers, customers, suppliers, and employees. Portrays a positive and professional image. Ability to establish relations with a wide range of personalities, cultural backgrounds and educational levels.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establishes facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Knowledge of SAP or other ERP systems, as well as manufacturing process and procedures, and the ability to share this knowledge with others is desired.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled