Travel Required: None
Public Trust: None
Requisition Type: Pipeline
Are you a dynamic SAP professional looking for a new opportunity? Would you like utilize your SAP skills to do work that will challenge and engage you? Would you like to have an immediate impact and support our ships and sailors for the United States Navy? Are you seeking a long-term contract with the potential to work remotely 50% of the time?
GDIT is seeking Mid-level and Senior level ABAP/RICE Developers to support efforts at the U.S. Navy Supply Command (NAVSUP) Business Systems Center (BSC) in Mechanicsburg, PA.
Working 50% remote; Potential for 4-day work weeks
This position requires extensive travel for those outside of the Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania area, expected by the customer to be 50% of the work days at the worksite in Mechanicsburg, however it could be more than 50% of the work days. Travel requirements are subject to change. In addition, should this assignment meet the requirements for long-term taxable travel (more than 50% of the work days in a work location away from home state in a calendar year), travel expenses reimbursed by the company will be treated as income for tax purposes.
What will you be doing?
As a Mid-level ABAP/RICE Developer, you will design and develop computer software applications and/or database systems, participate in large systems and subsystem planning, ensure adherence to product build schedules, release schedules, and project strategies, oversee testing and debugging components and modules, lead the development of technical documentation and often lead interdisciplinary teams with responsibility for project performance.
As a Senior ABAP/RICE Developer, you will serve as the principal technical expert on complex and challenging information technology projects. The Senior ABAP/RICE Developer may be assigned as team leader on tasks of various technical disciplines or may work alone or as part of a team of ABAP/RICE Developers, with responsibility for design and development of computer software applications and/or database systems, evaluation of computer hardware and software, planning for communications and information requirements, system test, and system security. The Senior ABAP/RICE Developer provides consulting during early planning and conceptual stages of large, complex projects. The Senior ABAP/RICE Developer may participate in any phase of major projects from problem definition through problem resolution, and from feasibility analysis through project implementation.
NAVSUP BSC is a provider for IT, Information Management, and Information Systems preferred provider for architecture, integrating, sustaining and improving applications, information, and business process services to Navy, DOD, and others. GDIT supports BSC and the Navy’s Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) program migration to SAP Business Suite. The vision of Navy ERP is to provide the Navy with information technology services to manage its worldwide resources: people, supply, and financials. The integration of financial and supply solutions on a single platform will provide real-time data access and decision support to the Navy Enterprise.
Navy ERP ensures that our sailors receive the support they need to be a "Global Force for Good." By integrating complex business data into a single system, Navy ERP is laying the groundwork for improved management, performance, and readiness across the Navy enterprise. Navy ERP is replacing out-of-date, single-purposed business systems that cost millions of dollars and duplicate thousands of critical transactions. By retiring these older "legacy" systems, the Navy is becoming a more efficient business operation, suitable to an organization of over 700,000 people and $130 billion; ninth largest among comparably sized business enterprises in the United States. For the first time in Navy history, finance and supply will be fully integrated to provide real-time information to users worldwide.
As an ABAP/RICE Developer, your expertise will include, but will not be limited to the following:
- Experience in SAP configuration and documentation
- Experience with SAP integration through internet & mobile technologies (iOS and Android mobile app design), on ABAP OO / and on the latest SAP technologies - SAPUI5, SAP Fiori, SAP HANA XS & SAP Screen Persona
- Knowledge and experience in inbound/outbound interface architecture
- Experience developing integrations in WebMethods and MQ Series
- Experience in NetWeaver Portal, Supply Portal, Timekeeping Portal, BI Portal and Federation between different Portals
- Experience in ABAP Workbench, Debug and SQL tracing tools
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Bachelor's or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, Math, Business or other related scientific or technical discipline.An additional 4 years of SAP ABAP or equivalent COTS experience may be substituted for a Bachelor’s degree.
- Minimum of 2 years Navy ERP (SAP) experience within the past ten years
- Minimum of 5 years Navy ERP (SAP) experience within the past ten years
- US citizenship; Ability to obtain and maintain an NACLC Clearance. Active DOD Secret clearance preferred
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Experience to support ABAP development and implementation of ERP, preferably Navy ERP
- Strong ABAP/SAP Development Implementation experience working with several modules - MM/FI/FM/CO/SCM/PS/SD/WM/IM/OF across all life cycles of implementation
- Prefer a minimum of 6 years of SAP experience in RICE
- Prefer a minimum of 1.5 years on SAP Fiori, SAPUI5 & SAP Gateway, SAP Mobile Platform, and SAP Screen Persona 2.0/3.0
- Prefer a minimum of 2 years of experience in interface visual design
- Prefer a minimum of 2 years of experience with the use of the Axure prototyping/mockup software tool
- Prefer a minimum of 12 years of SAP experience in RICE
- Prefer a minimum of 3 years on SAP Fiori, SAPUI5 & SAP Gateway, SAP Mobile Platform, and SAP Screen Persona 2.0/3.0
- Prefer a minimum of 4 years of experience in interface visual design
- Prefer a minimum of 4 years of experience with the use of the Axure prototyping/mockup software tool
- Experience with ABAP for HANA is highly desired
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.