Exergy is a high-tech engineering and consultancy company delivering advanced solutions to develop the circular economy. We have a vibrant culture of creativity and collaboration and our expert team of engineering and business professionals have a strong aptitude for generating new, innovative ideas that promote a better environment for all. Visit www.exergy-global.com
We have an exciting opportunity for a self-motivated Mobile apps developer to join our vibrant team and help us develop innovative software applications which contribute to the digitalisation of the construction industry. You’ll be required to make intuitive high-level decisions and will possess the ability to develop a unified vision for software characteristics and functions. The position is based in Coventry but remote working (UK only) will be considered for the right candidate. 6-month contract/permanent.
- Using your knowledge of mobile development on both Android and iOS, creating, extending and enhancing our Augmented Reality mobile application with existing API’s (Google ARCore and GoogleLens).
- Integrating existing and new libraries and capabilities to our own app
- Collaborate with other developers in the team to determine functional and non-functional requirements for mobile app
- Design and implement next-generation AR mobile applications with a focus on user-facing features
- Resolve complex technical issues and drive innovations that improve system availability, resilience, and performance.
- Working with our enthusiastic and creative team on delivering great AR solutions to democratise AR for the built environment industry.
Essentials about you
- Bachelors Degree in a STEM subject, (or equivalent relevant experience)
- Strong background in AR/VR application or game development with Unreal engine
- Experience with state-of the-art AR toolkits such as ARKit, ARCore, Microsoft HoloLens or related technologies
- Experience with computer vision toolkits for mobile apps such as GoogleLens
- Android (Java) experience and knowledge of XCode and Android Studio to develop our mobile solutions
- Git/GitLab (source code control) experience
- Good communication skills
- Motivation to contribute to the digitalisation of the construction industry and the low carbon economy
- Right to work in the UK and travel within the EU
Non-essentials that could be of benefit
- Experience with machine learning for mobile app development is a plus
- Knowledge of Unity gaming engine
- Experience with following file types: Revit (rvt.), Industry Foundation Classes (IFC), and collada (dae.)
- Work as part of a growing team of enthusiastic professionals merging cutting-edge R&D into innovative solutions on the market
- Competitive salary (DOE)
- 25 days holiday plus Bank holidays (permanent positions)
- Flexible work environment
- Company pension (permanent positions)
To apply, please submit your CV with a cover letter briefly explaining your motivation and suitability for the position. Deadline for applications: ongoing until filled