We are looking for a Microsoft SQL Server Developer with a passion to build modern, interactive websites, and who will be a pivotal member of our team as we build our Minimal Viable Product (MVP) for the consumer travel industry - http://www.GEOVEA.com. A great fit for this role is someone who is always intrigued by new technology and is constantly finding better ways to write beautiful, shareable, and solid code.
We are looking for a Microsoft SQL Server Developer who will be responsible for designing databases and ensuring their stability, reliability, and performance. You will also work other full stack developers optimizing in-application SQL statements as necessary, and establishing best practices. You will help solve all database usage issues and come up with ideas and advice that can help avoid such problems in the future.
The initial position will be part time, remote, and a contract position during our startup phase, with the potential to join us full-time.
- 3+ years MS SQL Server Developer experience required.
- 3+ years AWS Relational Database Service (RDS) experience required.
- 3+ years of MS SQL Server Developer experience related to E-commerce websites required.
- Designing and coding database tables, and relationships to store the application’s data
- Writing queries used for front-end applications (websites)
- Reviewing query performance and optimizing code
- Data modeling to visualize database structure
- Working with application developers to create optimized queries
- Creating database triggers for automation
- Creating table indexes to improve database performance
- Programming views, stored procedures, and functions
- Ensure performance, security, and availability of databases
- Prepare documentations and specifications
- Handle common database procedures such as upgrade, backup, recovery, migration, etc.
- Profile server resource usage, and optimize and tweak as necessary
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders
- Strong proficiency with SQL and its variation among popular databases
- Experience using ETL/DTS/SSIS in SQL Server environments
- Skilled at creating and optimizing large complicated SQL statements
- Knowledge of best practices when dealing with relational databases
- Capable of configuring popular database engines and orchestrating clusters as necessary
- Ability to plan resource requirements from high level specifications
- Capable of troubleshooting common database issues
- Familiar with tools that can aid with profiling server resource usage and optimizing it
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools such as Git.
Ability to provide quick iterations based on input, feedback, and changes in business and functional requirements.
Ability to balance attention to detail with prioritizing work in order to meet deadlines.
BS or MS in Computer Science, related field or equivalent work experience.
Excellent interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills.
Can work part time and a minimum of 0-40 hours per week when required.
Work part-time remotely.
Eligibility to work in the US.
Desired Qualifications But Not Required:
- MS SQL Server Administration experience
- Experience with Performance Tuning and Optimization (PTO), using native monitoring and troubleshooting tools
- Experience with backups, restores and recovery models
- Knowledge of High Availability (HA) and Disaster Recovery (DR) options for SQL Server
- MCTS, MCITP, and/or MVP certifications a plus
- Experience with the travel and leisure industry would be beneficial.
Job Types: Part-time, Contract
- Designing and coding database tables, and relationships: 3 years (Required)
- Writing queries used for front-end applications: 3 years (Required)
- Reviewing query performance and optimizing code: 2 years (Required)
- Programming views, stored procedures, and functions: 3 years (Required)
- MS SQL Server Developer: 3 years (Required)
- Data modeling to visualize database structure: 3 years (Required)
- Creating table indexes to improve database performance: 3 years (Required)
- Creating database triggers for automation: 3 years (Required)
- Ensure performance, security, and availability of database: 3 years (Required)
- AWS Relational Database Service: 3 years (Required)
- MS SQL Server Developer experience related to E-commerce: 3 years (Required)
- Using ETL/DTS/SSIS in SQL Server environments: 3 years (Required)
- English (Required)
- United States (Required)
Full Time Opportunity:
- One location
- Fully Remote