This is a fully remote position and will remain so after your area and our areas re-open.
Autonomy Co-op is a creative agency with offices in Portland, OR, and Washington, DC. Our team of strategists, designers, engineers, and makers build everything from connected events to mobile apps, websites to videos, and extended reality to multimedia content.
- Prototyping and exploring how functionality best works with an interdisciplinary team.
- Developing modern, attractive front-end interfaces for clients using HTML, SVG, SCSS, and open source frameworks.
- Integrating APIs from headless CMSes to search providers to create fast, static websites.
- Troubleshooting code and figuring out how to fix it.
- Explaining technical problems to less technical colleagues.
- Participating in code reviews and remote pair-programming sessions.
- Collaborating with others using git.
- A "systems thinking" mindset.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Experience with Vue.js a plus but not required, you’ll learn it quickly.
- Experience with other languages (Java, C, Python, etc) a plus.
- Experience with creative coding tools (Max/MSP, Processing/P5.js, Vuo, TouchDesigner, etc) a plus.
Job Types: Part-time, Contract
Pay: $45.00 - $65.00 per hour
We were a 100% remote office before COVID-19 and will be for the foreseeable future.
- CSS: 2 years (Required)
- Vue.JS: 2 years (Preferred)
- HTML: 2 years (Required)
Hours per week:
Typical start time:
Typical end time:
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous
- Detail-oriented -- would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
- Autonomous/Independent -- enjoys working with little direction