Our Client is a Certified Service-Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business providing unique solutions in DoD program management and acquisition certification/capabilities.
The Java Software Developer is responsible for participating in the full agile application development life cycle for new development design, construction and testing of Java applications, Web Services (SOAP and REST), and reusable components to support overall project objectives. The Java Developer will also participate in peer reviews and unit testing, and must be adaptable to different responsibilities, possess strong communications skills, and have a passion for constantly improving the individual and team effectiveness.
- Design and develop J2EE application that are aligned with the overall architectural approach and platform being used by the team(s)
- Utilize an agile incremental delivery approach, supporting incremental development of high-quality, fully tested JEE application component delivery every 2 weeks
- Utilizes a working knowledge of J2EE/Java Frameworks, programming experience and overall Java development techniques to perform daily Java development, automated unit testing, and troubleshooting responsibilities
- Adheres to, promotes, and helps maintain development standards and best practices; participates in regular code reviews
- Assist development/test teams in activities with acceptance testing, load testing, troubleshooting, and performance tuning as required
- Strong team player with good communication skills demonstrating the ability to work well with developers, QA team members and management to support all areas of the agile SDLC approach
- Proactively seeks opportunities to implement improvements in personal and team processes
- Contributes to an atmosphere of cross-functional teamwork within the organization; contributes to acceptance/functional testing duties and part of incremental feature development
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field
- Senior Java developer with 10+ years of experience in enterprise Java, WebLogic
- Experience in Web services
- Experience in using Linux and Windows
- Any experience with JSP/HTM, Living Systems Process Suite, and .NET would be a plus
- Must be a “team player” and have excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Self-Starter that has the ability to work under general direction.
***NO TELECOMMUTE OPTION***
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
- java: 3 years (Required)
- Bachelor's (Preferred)
- United States (Required)
Full Time Opportunity:
- No, unable/unwilling to sponsor a visa or green card
- Monday to Friday
- Day shift