We are seeking a Java full stack developer that is willing and able to learn other technologies, new, existing and old. Then apply this desire and experience in a large data centric environment to support our mission and vision. In this role, you conduct analysis, design, development, testing, and debugging of Client's database-driven application programs. You will assist the development team in providing comprehensive support for existing and new applications, and offers expertise regarding methods, standards and technical considerations for software applications.
The Client is planning on modernizing its application portfolio to be hosted in a hybrid cloud environment from its current on-premise environment. This modernization effort will also include migrating to an open source technology stack. This position works in an Agile/Scrum environment where the focus is on the teamwork and ownership of each project. The ideal incumbent has a drive for learning new things and is passionate about engineering end-to-end technical solutions. A commitment to collaborative problem solving, sophisticated design, and product quality are essential.
- Analyze, design, develop, test, and debug web based multi-tier database-driven Java applications and components to support business requirements. Testing is inclusive of automated testing as part of an automated test suite which has been adopted by the development team.
- Any code developed is expected to conform to defensive coding practices that supports the OWASP Top 10 and is evaluated for security (e.g., cross site scripting, SQL injection) and improper coding practices by tools from the Burp Suite, SonarQube and Fortify.
- Collaborate with project team members to deliver technical solutions.
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use.
- Develop and optimize applications for maximum speed and scalability. Applications may have performance SLAs that must be met.
- Create and maintain technical and knowledgebase documentation.
- Diagnose problems, troubleshoot, and develop technical solutions.
- Solve problems independently with minimal technical or managerial guidance.
- Support production issues as required.
- Demonstrate NSC’s competencies, which align with our corporate values.
- Core Competencies include: Customer Focus, Optimizes Work Processes, Collaborates, Communicates Effectively, and Be Open and Authentic
- Manager will provide more detail to candidates as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or a related field. A combination of education and experience, including through military service will also be considered.
- 4-7 years of related experience including:
- UI, Mobile/Front end technology (HTML5, CSS, Responsive design, JS frameworks, such as Angular.
- Java programming, hands-on professional software development, hands-on SQL, and experience with building applications using an end-to-end application framework and Java EE technology.
- Agile/Scrum procedures and processes.
- Production support experience in an application development environment.
- MVC frameworks and multi-tier architectures.
- Java EE application server.
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent written, verbal, and Interpersonal skills, with a proven track record of working effectively both in a team environment and independently.
- Working knowledge of responsive design techniques for acceptable page rendering regardless of device.
- Demonstrated experience with Informix database SQL development.
- Live within a commutable distance of Herndon, VA.
Additional Desired Requirements:
- Demonstrated experience with:
- Full Stack Spring and Hibernate.
- XML and Web Service application development.
- Working in large data centric application environment and detailed understanding business tier modeling, data flows, data architecture and real-time/batch-based processing.
- Oracle Application Development Framework (ADF) and related components.
- Working knowledge of Oracle Identity Management and Oracle Access Manager.
- Certification as an AWS Developer.
- Experience in developing cloud-based applications using open source technology, containers, and microservices.
- Experience with software such as Tableau, Postgres, Snowflake, Snap Logic, master data management tools, Docker, Kupernetes, or AWS products.
- Applications that are externally facing must conform to usability guidelines such as Section 508 or WCAG 2.0 AA guidelines. Experience with developing user interfaces in accordance with these guidelines and with testing using tools, such as JAWS, is desirable.
- Demonstrated experience maintaining Informix ESQL/C applications.
- Familiarity with a UNIX environment; Linux preferred.
- Knowledge of PowerBuilder application development
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
- EMAIL ID?