Role: GIS Engineer
Location: Herndon, VA
Interview Mode: F2F
- Lead needs assessments/requirements meetings and document solutions for GIS enterprise use
- Provide/write GIS system technical recommendations, standard operating procedures, administrative and help documents for clients and technical teams.
- Create and maintain GIS environments for the EnerGov application that will be used by town’s permitting, code enforcement, public works, zoning and community development departments.
- Develop and maintain GIS documentation as it relates to configuration, best practices, as well as test scripts for the EnerGov product
- Advise project implementation teams and clients on incorporating GIS capabilities into their EnerGov environment.
- Interact with Support staff for technical support in troubleshooting client problems
- Create and maintain database schema using prescribed best practices.
- Conduct versioned editing workflow management, database design, management and maintenance.
- Support and maintain simple data visualizations in spatial, tabular and graphical formats within various
- Pursue innovation and mentor the work of team members.
- Create new and innovative solutions for GIS data integration, administration, and management.
- Assess Town’s existing GIS environments and recommend areas for improvements in application technology, system performance, and disaster mitigation plans
- Communicate with departments to successfully deploy GIS solutions
- Present system design information to technical and non-technical audiences
- Create mapping, imagery and data services
- Works with town departments and IT staff to identify available GIS data, evaluate for accuracy, and consolidate into centralized data source for the town.
- Work with IT department to secure GIS and make it application accessible internally and externally.
- Publish departmental maps and integrate GIS services with SeeClickFix mobile application and Cityworks.
- Train users on the use and adoption of Cityworks technologies
- Works with town departments to define and meet mapping and GIS data needs, implement GIS best practices and ensure compliance with relevant data standards, policies and regulations.
- Creates moderately complex cartographic products, dynamic web maps, static maps, charts, reports and graphs as needed by departments and assists in the management of department/division GIS layers and related data.
- Assists in the development of automated data management routines and various projects to improve department or program efficiency.
- Reviews, creates and maintains metadata to specifications for datasets and services.
- Assists and trains other users with GIS software and workflow processes.
- Resolves technical issues in cooperation with IT staff.
- Utilizes GIS tools and data to improve the development of business processes within the department/division.
- Designs, develops and implements GIS enhancements using various ESRI programming tools and methodologies.
- Identifies and resolves complex GIS issues that affect the town’s ability to meet objectives.
- Assists in the design and implementation of integrating GIS with other enterprise systems.
- Assists in maintaining and administering ArcGIS Server including security, publishing map services and content management.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
Competencies and Skills:
- Admin experience with Esri's GIS platform (ArcGIS Server, ArcGIS Online, enterprise geodatabase) support of mobile application and ArcGIS integration.
- Experience installing and configuring ArcGIS and Microsoft SQL server 2016.
- professional experience using GIS-related technology in a professional setting
- Proficiency with the Esri product line, including ArcGIS Desktop, ArcGIS Enterprise, ArcGIS Online, and related desktop extensions
- Experience with automated cartography, computer science, programming, and spatial analysis
- Knowledge of Geospatial and mapping concepts such as spatial analysis, map projections, etc.
Knowledge in the following software programs: MS SQL Server, AutoCAD, MS Word, MS Excel, MS Access, MS PowerPoint, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator.
- Tyler Technology EnerGov experience
- Experience with SeeClickFix mobile application
- Experience with Azteca Systems Cityworks
Job Type: Contract
- GIS Services with SeeClickFix Mobile Applications: 5 years (Preferred)
- SQL SERVER 2016 Admin: 5 years (Preferred)
- Esri ArcGIS Server Platform: 5 years (Preferred)
- Tyler Technologies EnerGov and Azteca Systems Cityworks: 5 years (Preferred)
- ArcGIS Python Toolbox scripting: 5 years (Preferred)
- ArcGIS admin and End users: 5 years (Preferred)
- ArcGIS Online and Tyler Technologies EnerGOV integration: 5 years (Preferred)
- Mapping and Data Services: 5 years (Preferred)
- 1 year