Ojasa Canada is a privately held IT product solutions company with its offices and IT partners in Canada, USA, and India. Ojasa Canada brings to the table, unparalleled Technological Innovation and Software Development Expertise in cutting-edge technologies. Our products include hosted, AI Driven, Advanced Analytics Solutions, Application Development and Support Services. We provide these services to both public and private sector clients, including companies in Financial Services, Telecom, Healthcare, Supply Chain, Energy & Utilities, Automotive, Transportation and Government Agencies at the Local, State, and Federal Levels.
Title: Enterprise Cloud Architect
Location: Chantilly, VA 70% of the time / Ashburn, VA 30% of the time
Duration: 12 months
Enterprise Cloud Architect
The Company Enterprise Cloud Computing (ECC) team is looking for the right candidate that will help to provide operational support for our virtualization, compute, and storage infrastructure and work in a team environment in migrating some workloads into our corporate cloud computing environments as part of our legacy datacenter integration activities. The selected candidate will work with the ECC team and various server owners to migrate their servers into the appropriate environment.
Consolidation of Data Centers
Must Have Skills:
- TYPICAL EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: Bachelors and five (5) years or more experience; Masters and three (3) years or more experience; PhD and 0 years related experience.
- Designs, plans, and integrates cloud computing, storage and virtualization systems.
- Maintains technical expertise relevant industry standards and in cloud computing and virtualization technologies such as cloud service provider architecture, design, and configuration; cloud deployment models including public, private, and hybrid; cloud service delivery models including infrastructure-, platform-, and software-as-a-service; automation; hypervisors; containers; virtual compute, storage, and networks; virtual infrastructure management; self-provisioning; and scaling.
- Performs functional analysis, timeline analysis, detail trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition studies to translate customer requirements into hardware and software specifications.
- Responsible for troubleshooting and managing incident resolution with direct vendor support when needed.
- Actively engages with other Administrators, Lead Systems Engineer for Storage / SAN, DBA team members and all other Lead Systems Engineers assigned to projects as necessary.
- Supports provisioning of storage assets including the SAN fabric zoning including the ability to work across our VMware based environment to fulfill tasks.
Need 50-75% of the following skills
- 7 years of general administrative systems experience with a minimum of 4 years performing operations and maintenance in enterprise level IT environments.
- Experience participating in an operations role in large data center is required.
- Recent experience participating in a VMware server virtualization role. Candidate should be able to demonstrate a working knowledge in engineering design and operational application in the following areas:
o VMware vSphere-, vCenter-, and ESX- based server virtualization.
o Server migration tools including VMware vCenter Converter, Site Recovery Manager, and HCX.
o Cisco Unified Computing System (UCS) servers and their management
o Dell Hyperconverged infrastructure and their management
o Dell EMC & NetApp storage and their management
o Network sub-systems, including TCP/IP and load-balancing technology
o Security sub-systems, including firewalls & proxy devices
o Oracle & SQL database systems
o MS Windows Server 2008, 2012+
o Red Hat Linux 7.0+
- The successful candidate will possess:
o Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
o Ability to communicate and interact effectively at all levels of staff and management
o Ability to exercise independent judgment, develop relationships, and obtain consensus among interested parties
o Ability to develop peer networks across an enterprise to maintain technology awareness and to support resolution of problems
o Ability to operate across traditional technical boundaries, comfortable working in the compute space as well as the storage space in an operational capacity.
Storage Array and SAN Switch Skills:
Moving from a physical Data Center to a Virtual Data Center
o Physical Data Center: Unity, Isilon, Cisco Switches, NetApps
o Virtual Data Center: VMware Based, vSwitches, Virtual Networks
Nice to Have Skills (include “soft Skills” critical to success):
- Systems engineering certification, or 4 additional years of related engineer experience is preferred.
- Sound understanding of and experience with VMWare Software Defined Data Center (SDDC) concepts and implementation.
- VMware Certified Professional Datacenter Virtualization (VCP-DCV), CompTIA Network +, or CCNA a plus.
- Should be able to demonstrate a working knowledge in architectural design and operational application in the following areas at the PROFICIENT level:
o EMC storage technologies, including VNX and VMAX
o Storage area network (SAN) switching fabric products
o Cisco SAN switching fabric products
o Configuration, optimization, capacity planning, and troubleshooting of storage systems
Submitted Resumes MUST show experience in the body of the resume and where the skills/tools/technologies were used, EX: on which projects and how they used tools or methodology. The KEY is to show Hands-On Experience, relevant, applicable experience in order to secure an interview. CONFIRMATION of relevant experience examples and levels as it will be the main focus of all interviews.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Ojasa Canada is committed to a work environment free of all forms of discrimination. Ojasa Canada recruits and hires without regard to age, color, disability, gender, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, military status, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic. For more information about Ojasa Canada, please visit our website at ojasa.ca
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this classification. It is not designed to contain or to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of the employee assigned to this job.
Job Type: Contract
Salary: $70.00 to $75.00 /hour
- Bachelor's (Required)
- United States (Required)
Full Time Opportunity:
- Multiple locations