Embedded Software Engineer (Mid-to-Senior Level Position)
Are you seeking a truly creative, challenging technical opportunity?
Charon Technologies, LLCspecializes in designing and building hardware and software to meet our customers’ next requirement. We focus on offering devices that can be fielded immediately to meet the mission needs that lie directly ahead. Size, weight, power, and packaging are of paramount importance in everything we design and build. Our expertise allows us to rapidly provide these solutions in specialized electronic/mechanical design, embedded & application-level software, reverse engineering & protocol analysis, and RF signals exploitation and communications systems. Successful candidates must be willing and able to obtain a security clearance and pass a pre-employment drug screen. This position is located in the Logan, Utah area.
We are currently seeking senior embedded software engineers with a background working with embedded processors and operating systems. Ideal candidates will have 7+ years of development experience with a focus on embedded platforms.
Successful candidates will need extensive experience in the following areas:
- Embedded programming experience in C, C++ and Assembly
- Signal processing and wireless protocols
- Strong Experience developing a variety of applications on real -time embedded systems
- Designing and implementing device drivers, firmware, bootloaders, and embedded communications
- Ability to work with electrical/hardware engineers to produce integrated products and solutions
Additional consideration/preference will be given to candidates who have experience or familiarity with the following:
- Knowledge and experience with communications protocols to include USB, Bluetooth and various wired and wireless networking protocols and infrastructure
- Implementation of security features and encryption on embedded devices and over communications channels
- DSP, FPGA and other high-performance embedded computing
- Reverse engineering of hardware, decompiling/disassembly of embedded code, and protocol analysis
- Linux environment development on ARMs, CUDA, Zynq, and Texas Instruments platforms
- Linux driver support and development at the embedded level
- RTOS familiarity and usage
We seek individuals who:
- are enthusiastic about embedded development
- are excited about working closely on small development teams,
- enjoy taking ownership of their work,
- want to help us brainstorm and design new solutions,
- want to introduce new technology ideas, and
- want to be technically challenged, and to learn.
We work in a unique environment that’s employee and family-friendly. Our employees enjoy:
- Generous salary, holidays, vacation and sick leave;
- The best PC or MAC – your choice – with at least two large monitors;
- Highly subsidized health, dental plans and life insurance;
- 401k plan w/company match that vests immediately;
- Private or semi-private window offices;
- Tuition/educational assistance program;
- Casual dress and flexible schedule;
- Located in Logan, Utah
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, color, age, military service eligibility or veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or any other protected class. We encourage and support workplace diversity.
*Positions also available in Herndon, Virginia. Relocation Assistance is available!*
U.S. citizenship is required for this position. An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V.
No third parties, no agencies, no subcontractors need apply.
Job Type: Full-time
- relevant: 1 year (Preferred)
- software development: 1 year (Preferred)
- Master's (Preferred)
- United States (Preferred)
- One location
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Flexible schedule
- Relocation assistance
- Professional development assistance
- Tuition reimbursement
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma
- Open to applicants under 18 years old, provided it is legally allowed for the job and location