An excellent opportunity has arisen working for a Prestigious Manufacturing Organisation based in Farnborough.
This is a contract position, likely to last at least 12 months, and is to cover a current vacancy within the Engineering Department.
The requirement is for an Embedded Software Engineer to lead the development of the core firmware platform and specific tool firmware using a range of technologies including DSPIC, ARM M0+/M4 and Zync Ultrascale+.
The applicant will be a core member of a small team working closely with the electronic, mechanical and software engineers.
Candidates should have strong C and C++ Programming knowledge within an embedded environment, alongside an understanding of working with low level, real time operating systems (e.g RTX5 or Free RTOS). Interfacing with Hardware, and working with processor peripherals such as SPI, VART or ADC. Experience of ARM Cortex would be a distinct advantage.
To develop and agree the embedded software specification for tool developments.
Implement object orientated embedded C++ 11 firmware for ARM Cortex M0/M4 devices.
Working with real-time operating system on embedded devices.
Implementation and bug fixing for firmware using C for a range of devices include dsPIC.
Development and debugging of FPGA code using VHDL.
Development of algorithms to acquire, process and transmit data down hole.
Documentation of Firmware (UML using Enterprise Architect, Doxygen)
Implementation and testing of drivers to interact directly with hardware.
Undertake testing and debugging of tools using a range of electrical test equipment including oscilloscopes, logic analysers etc.
Development of PC test software using C#.
Developing tests to validate and resolve issues when tools are operating at elevated temperatures, typically 177C.
Key Qualification/Experience required:
- Educated to degree level i.e. BSc/BEng or equivalent qualification in a related discipline; such as Electronics, Physics or Computer Science with 2+ years relevant experience.
- Candidates without formal qualifications but with 5+ years relevant experience will also be considered
- Strong C and C++ skills in an embedded, multi-threaded environment.
- Able to design, develop and document objected orientated code.
- Strong analytical and debugging skills.
- Experience of hardware/software interfacing, particularly analogue data conversion and digital electronics
- Experience of Low-level communication interfaces, RS232, SPI
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- An ability to work in a multi-disciplined team.
- Highly motivated self-starting approach.
- FPGA design, interfacing and test using VHDL
- Experience in using CMSIS/RTX real-time operating systems.
- Exposure to different development methodologies
- Familiarity with sensor physics and signal processing algorithms.
- Experience of digital electronic design/interfacing.
- Experience of implementing code in C# and Python.
- Experience working with ARM M0+/M4.
- Experience using the Vivado development environment with Zync Ultrascale+
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.
Remote C contract jobs
SOFTWARE DESIGN ENGINEER CONTRACT POSITION - REMOTE WORKING - CAMBRIDGE £250 - £300 PER DAY
The role will require the development in C/C++ of DLLs and drivers to control cameras and other associated hardware. This typically requires the use of third party SDKs for the interface to the PC.
The drivers will also include functions for image processing and image manipulation. It is expected that a common library of functions will be created to harmonise these drivers across a broad existing product range. A comprehensive and fully documented SDK will be needed that is regularly updated to cover new additions to the product ranges.
In addition, you will be required to update and maintain a GUI application coded in Python. This application provides the user interface to the drivers above, and also provides a wide range of additional features for image processing, image analysis, crystal orientation, computed tomography, etc.
New hardware products will need to be integrated into this application as they are developed. This application provides remote client-server control, control of various other external hardware such as motorised stages and includes a macro language for scripting and automation.
This design work will involve working closely with the in-house hardware design and test engineers. Hands-on testing of code with appropriate hardware will be needed.
- Proficient at coding in C/C++
- Proficient at coding in Python
- Experienced at creating DLLs in C and GUIs in Python
- Familiar with image acquisition from frame grabbers/GEV using commercial SDKs
- Familiar with image processing techniques
- Familiar with client-server techniques
- Personable, adaptable
- Able to work in a small team
- Reliable, organised, motivated and self-reliant
- Experience with coding for Labview
- Experience with coding for Matlab
- Experience with Linux
- Competent at VB
- Competent at testing code using real world hardware
- Competent at providing customer support for software issues via phone/email/TeamViewer
UX / UI Designer - Bristol - c. £400-£450 - 3-6 month initial contract
This role is outside scope of IR35 and while the role is based in Bristol, you will also get the chance to work remotely
A large Public-Sector Organisation based in Bristol are currently undergoing a major digital change and transformation project and are now in need of a UX / UI Designer to join their team.
A proven track record as a UX / UI Designer and the ability to communicate your experience will stand you in good stead. Previous public-sector experience and a clear desire to work in the public sector will be looked favourably upon. Ideally you will have experience with working with GDS prototype/protocol kit. Key technologies include GIT and sketch.
In return you will get a rewarding contract with a competitive daily rate and a strong chance of extension following the initial 3-6 month term.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Over 3 months old
AWS/Puppet DevOps Engineer - 6 Months - C.London - £550-£600pd
+ REMOTE WORKING FLEXIBILITY 1/2 days per week.
AWS, ECS (Elastic container services), Puppet, Terraform, Packer, vault, CircleCI, scrium, monitoring, hypervisors, virtual machines (VM), Python, Docker.
Industry expert in connectivity, networks and data management for the Multi media and entertainment industry with circa 20 years of experience behind them. They harness a prestigious client base and enable each of them to transfer valuable and critical content in real time in a secure and effective manner.
You will be working on building both new and existing tools and sytems across a wide range of products including global real-time video review and data transfer aswell as internal support tools. This is a hybrid cloud environment and although most of your time will be spent on the cloud transfer storage team you will also need to possess a strong understanding of operational systems, hypervisors, virtual machines etc therefore it's beneficial if you have come form a systems/ops background. They predominantly use AWS for all of their products needs but you should be comfortable working on hardware, networking and hypervisors too.
- Strong automation skills - Packer, Vault, Terraform.
- Ops/systems background cpfortable with hardware, networking and hypervisors etc.
Nice to have:
- Visible community involvement. DevOps groups/meet ups, presenting talks etc
Please send your CV to discuss further.
MS Dynamics NAV Developer 9 month Contract- £550 per day
My Staffordshire based client is seeking a confident NAV Developer to join their team for a 9 month contract. This is a fantastic opportunity for a Microsoft Dynamics NAV Developer to join a leading retail company with part remote working as an option
Key Experience to be considered for this role;
- Extensive experience with MS Dynamics NAV / Navision
- Experience developing C/Side C/AL
- Managing the implementation of NAV throughout the full project life cycle
- Experience with MS Dynamics NAV 2013 or higher
- Be able to interpret written business requirements and technical
- Excellent Stakeholder management
- NAV Developer - Dynamics NAV - SQL
Start: Interviews being held immediately
Rate: Up to £550
To discuss this and other Microsoft Dynamics opportunities in more detail please send your CV to email@example.com or call Michael Hoffmann on 020 3319 9593 (ext. 1661) in complete confidence
Nigel Frank is the global leader for the most talented Microsoft Dynamics personnel. We are also the leading recruitment partner for Microsoft Gold Partners across the UK. We always guarantee a premium service for all of our candidates.