This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced AX developer to be part of a team that is upgrading an AX4.0 environment to D365 FO 10.0. We are looking for an AX developer with deep upgrade and data knowledge to take on this challenge!
You will be responsible for the data upgrade from AX4 to AX2012 and then AX2012 to D365FO, picking up where another consultant has left off. You will need to understand what has been done to date and to fully document all steps. You will need to run a mock upgrade to determine timing.
Most work is already complete for this project but we need to improve the steps and performance for the data upgrade. This is a key role that will influence the success of this project.
Desired Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· Technical proficiency with Dynamics AX and D365 FO
· Strong knowledge of X++ programming language
· Good communication (written and oral) skills when working with end users and fellow team members
· Solid organizational skills and focus on accuracy, attention to detail, and documentation
· Excellent problem solving skills and troubleshooting abilities
· Self-motivated with the ability to work independently in a team environment
· Completed at least one full lifecycle upgrade to AX2012 and one full lifecycle upgrade to D365 FO
· Knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server and the AX data model
· Microsoft certification is a plus
· Data upgrade from AX4 to AX2012
· Data upgrade from AX2012 to D365FO
· Data conversion scripts either in X++ or SQL Server to assist with the data upgrade
· Analysis and debugging issues related to data upgrade
· Provide issue resolution to functional consultants
· Improve the performance of the data upgrade to make it fit within a reasonable down time
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Contract
Salary: $80.00 to $110.00 /hour
- More than 1 year
- Fully Remote