DevOps Engineer - Fully Remote - Immediate Start
We have received instructions from one of the world's most innovative Consultancies for a DevOps Engineer. This exciting and challenging project is allowing for remote work. This will also be an initial contract of 6 months and will provide lots of job continuity and lots of job satisfaction.
Infrastructure As A Code
- Responsible for configuring and maintaining environments and servers (Linux (RHEL 7.3), Windows Server)
- Using Terraform for provisioning,
- SaltStack and/or Ansible for configuration refinements and deployments.
- Knowledge and extensive experience with Linux is a must.
- Prepare and manage Docker images, set up necessary infrastructure for containerization as part of the building pipelines
- Hands-on experience with K8s implementation – ideally OpenShift, alternatively EKS, AKS, or GKE.
- Pragmatic knowledge about OpenShift Operators is a plus.
Build Pipeline As A Code
- Create and maintain Jenkins builds for multiple releases and environments (Oracle/MS SQL, Maven, Node/Npm)
- Develop and maintain pipelines (gradle, maven, ant), release, and other automation scripts (Bash, Python, or e.g. GoLang). Knowledge about python frameworks such as Django is a plus.
- Coordinating the packaging of application and/or database fixes (using liquibase) to minimize application downtime during testing intra-phase deployments.
- Knowledge and a proven track record of using DB virtualization, such as Delphix is a big plus.
- Responsible for Git/Bitbucket maintenance and communication, merging, and branching.
- Secrets management through Jenkins secrets or/and Vault.
- Creating quality gate based on the results from security scans with SonarQube and NexusIQ or similar.
This is an immediate position with interviews happening this week, therefore please contact Callum at email@example.com to find out more about this opportunity