My client is looking for a contract DevOps Engineer to join the compony on a part-time basis (2 days a week) to provide expertise and solve the belwo areas.
Details of the contract
헥헼헹헲: DevOps Engineer
헗헮혆 헿헮혁헲: £450 - £525 OUTSIDE IR35
헗혂헿헮혁헶헼헻: 6 months (part-time 2 days a week)
헟헼헰헮혁헶헼헻: Fully remote
헦혁헮헿혁 헱헮혁헲: 1 week
- We are using Azure DevOps for deployment pipelines but these have been set up manually without the Infrastructure as Code approach. This is producing a bottleneck within the team and making it difficult to track changes.
- Our backend applications powering Jobs and Media connect to the website connectors which are also in Azure via HTTP APIs. This means the connection for each page load goes over the internet when this service to service communication. This functionally works but due to a lack of networking knowledge a more efficient solution hasn't been implemented yet.
- The CMS needs to be moved out of the private data centre as the file transfer during the CMS publish process is slow. Before we adopted Azure the CMS assumed a file system which it would copy files to folders which were configured with IIS for the client sites.
- The client webapp sites use single instances of WebApps for each site which is making the management and versioning of the connector difficult to manage. We are scoping a multi-tenanted SaaS connector and considering Kubernetes to host this on which is a new technology for us.
- The domain set up and SSL termination for each client is currently being done via Azure Frontdoor but is a manual process. As part of a multi-tenanted SaaS connector we're planning to automate this set up and make the SSL installation and renewal automated.
- The visibility of monitoring data is disjointed due to having a distributed system, we have individual instances of Applications Insights in place monitoring the different applications. This is making tracing issues difficulted and logs are also not synced to a single location.
Oscar Technology is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.