My client have embraced a DevOps and Agile culture using Infrastructure as Code, continuous integration and deployment methods. They are employing containerisation in their stack with Docker and orchestrating with Kubernetes. They have in the past few years moved their system to the cloud using a mix of mainly AWS but also Azure. It is based in Central London easily commutable from anywhere in London as it is close to the OXO tower.
The upcoming projects are based on their crowd funding project and the payments processing projects.
This is a famous company founded 20 years ago but still with a start-up atmosphere with a strong affinity to social justice and good causes. It is the leader in its field and manages to process an average of 50,000 and 100.000 transactions per day.
Required Skills in order of importance
- Experience as a Windows or Linux systems administrator
- Experience with the cloud, preferably as AWS or Azure
- Experience of configuration and automation tools (eg Chef, Ansible or similar)
- An ability to troubleshoot servers at all levels of the software stack
- Understanding of CI/CD tools - eg Jenkins, Teamcity
- Container technology experience - Docker, Kubernetes
- Solid scripting skills (.net, Python, Ruby, GO, Java etc)
- Experience designing, building and operating complex orchestration automation and deployment systems
- Knowledge of ELK or similar
Competitive Salary + Benefits
- Dress down culture
- Season Ticket Loan
- Health Insurance
- Pension contribution
- Health based rewards scheme
- Enhanced paternity and maternity cover
- Income protection
- 3 charity days a year
- Free breakfast
This is a very interesting role at an amazing company with a fantastic agile environment of people who love and care about what they do!
DevOps Engineer - Azure/AWS - Charity