We are currently on the market for a brilliant contract DB Developer to join a highly agile multi-disciplinary team, to support an important Digital Transformation programme of work
3 month contract - Extensions likely for the right candidate - Will remain OUTSIDE IR35
Fully remote to start, onsite 1 - 2 days per week potentially once normal working practices resume
- Support the installation, configuration and maintenance of Cosmos and SQL DBs in Azure.
- Provide support for the Data Architects during design phases.
- Create, update and maintain tables, stored procedures, primary keys, foreign keys etc. in line with solution and integration designs.
- Creation & management of Cosmos DB resources like databases, containers & queries, definition of unique keys, configuration of indexing policies & management of Cosmos DB using PowerShell &/or Azure CLI.
- Suggest cost saving and optimisation wherever possible.
- Report progress via daily stand-up - ensuring Azure Dev Ops work items are kept up to date.
- Provide advice and support for the Cloud Enablement team.
- Assist in the creation of Cosmos development standards and best practices.
- Provide Knowledge transfer to other members of the team through the duration of the contract.
- Proficient in TSQL, MS SQL and associated tools
- Proficient in NoSQL specifically Cosmos DB and associated tools
- Highly competent using and supporting SQL PaaS and Cosmos DB in Azure
- Experience in DBA duties, such as but not limited to optimisation, maintenance and monitoring of DBs within Azure
- Comfortable with Azure DevOps for work management (Boards), Repos and Pipelines
- Experience using containers such as docker
- Certifications in Azure SQL DB
- Certifications in Azure Cosmos DB