Who We Are:
We are a small Catholic education start-up that is revolutionizing Catholic education. Think of your childhood CCD or religious ED but with modern technology. Our small but scrappy development team is working across a variety of projects from back end enhancements to complete front-end redesigns. You will have the ability to tackle projects of your choice with the guidance and supervision of key stakeholders in the organization.
The Software Engineer will support the President of CatechismClass.com in coding new website features and improving the current codebase. Multiple roles are open including a job web developer and intern roles, in addition to this one.
Job Specifications / Qualifications:
- You will build, update, and test web code
- Familiarity with any of the following: CSS, PHP, MySQL, or jScript
- Excellent written communication skills
- Agile and easy-going environment (communicates via Slack)
- Strong ability to work remotely without direct supervision
- Strong desire to support Catholic Faith formation
- This is a work-from-home/telecommuting contract position (i.e. not an employee-classified position). Compensation will be fixed a set monthly stipend amount, based on experience, available time, and domain expertise.
- Upon successful completion of this project, future projects and roles are possible, if mutually agreed upon.
Job Type: Contract
- php: 1 year (Preferred)
- Bachelor's (Preferred)
- English (Required)
- 5 - 6 months
Full Time Opportunity: