Contract Java Engineer - Fintech/ Payments - Spring, Kafka and Kubernetes ( Remote )
PaaS / Payments as a Service - Remote Contract Java Developer, outside of IR35
This role is for a contractor ( Outside of IR35 ) who has the ability to hit the ground running on a project where an insurance client needs a cloud native payment solution patched into their system - Java, Spring (boot, framework, MongoDB ), Kafka and Kubernetes. Working alongside a small team of 12 Engineers from a payment platform provider, you will have existing knowledge in this area from a technical standpoint as well as business domain knowledge experience.
- 10+ years' experience with Java, Java11 and Spring
- Extensive messaging expertise, specifically with Kafka
- AWS and exposure to affiliated tools
- Docker and Kubernetes
- Payment system, integration - service connection
Nice to have
- Experience working in small / medium sized teams and early-stage environments
- background of working with Payment focused software companies
- Strong communication skills
- Problem-solving skills & experience working within multi-disciplinary and cross functional teams
A career having worked in Java environments for payment solutions would be strongly beneficial, but a senior level of Java and Kafka expertise in particular are most important - coupled with a passion for writing code for complex technology focused products and an interest in the latest technologies. Remote Contract Java Developer, outside of IR35.