Cloud Architect - Data Warehouse Migration required by Whitehall Resources for an initial 3 month contract working remotely.
Skills and experience required:
- Migrating on-premise Teradata data warehouse to public cloud including detailed planning and sequencing of the migration working with data analytics technology vendors, hosting providers and business stakeholders
- Designing, configuring, and optimising the ELT/ETL processes and data pipelines for hybrid and multi-cloud data warehouses
- Cleaning-up and tuning the compute, storage and network capacity utilization for the cloud data warehouse as well as its source (eg, ERP systems, object storage) and destination systems (eg, Tableau, Qlik)
- Setting-up data lakes to land any data sources for Datamodelling prior to integration with the data warehouse
- Migrating to at least two of the following cloud data warehouses, viz., Google BigQuery, Azure Synapse, Teradata Vantage and Snowflake
- Drafting operations and maintenance runbooks, monitoring and optimisation manuals, and recommending self-service best-practices for cloud data warehouses
- Developing and simulating total cost of ownership for cloud data warehouse and related systems and applications
- Defining the cost-performance parameters and technology-performance criteria for piloting the cloud-based data warehouse
- Defining and setting up a cost-conscious scalable architecture for cloud data warehouse that promotes exploratory data analysis, citizen data science activities, and agile BI report development.
- Interacting with outsourced IT organisations in multi-vendor cloud migration projects.
All of our opportunities require that applicants are eligible to work in the specified country/location, unless otherwise stated in the job description.