Responsibilities for this Position
Bachelor's degree in software engineering or a related technical field is required (or equivalent experience), plus a minimum of 8 years of relevant experience; or Master's degree plus a minimum of 6 years of relevant experience. Agile experience preferred.
- Ability to identify and implement a big data solution strategy
- Demonstrates intellectual curiosity in exploring new technologies and finding creative ways to solve data management problems
- Provide thought leadership around industry standard tools and data models (including commercially available models and tools) by leveraging past experience and current big data industry trends
- Make recommendations and assess proposals for data pipeline optimization
- Identify operational issues and recommend/implement strategies to resolve problems
- Experience using technologies such as Spark, Impala, Hadoop, Streamsets, Kafka , Nifi
- Experience with SQL-based and NoSQL-based technologies and design
- Ability to create clear, expert-level architectural diagrams using Visio, and clear narrative presentations using PowerPoint
A TS/SCI security clearance with the ability to obtain a Polygraph is required at time of hire. Candidate must be able to obtain the Polygraph within a reasonable amount of time from date of hire. Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Due to the nature of work performed within our facilities, U.S. citizenship is required.
General Dynamics Mission Systems (GDMS) is seeking motivated candidates to join our insider threat detection, systems integration team. Our mission oriented team is responsible for the design, testing, deployment, maintenance, operation, and evolution of the systems directly supporting the insider threat detection program of a large government customer in the United States Intelligence Community (USIC).
GDMS has an immediate opening on the team for a motivated Big Data Architect with an agile mindset who is willing to stay up to date with the latest technology. This is a challenging yet rewarding position that provides an opportunity to leverage cutting edge technologies in pursuit of a vital mission that protects people, sensitive information/technologies, and the national security posture of the USIC.
- Design customer's data topology with business intelligent Extract, Transfer, Load tools and data modeling structures
- Provide expertise in both defining data structures, data layer and data integration practices for business intelligence and for operational uses
- Understanding of schedulers, workload management, availability, scalability and distributed data platforms
- Be a key member of the Big Data solutions/ services/ product development team that helps to strategize solutions
- Work with technology partners and internal stakeholders in developing POCs and drive creative solutions in a fast paced agile environment
- Contribute to solution success by calibrating and communication effectively at various levels, translate customer needs and synthesize high-level design/solutions, partner with solutions/ product management and influence the overall outcome
- Mentor & train others in a fast-paced, collaborative, and high-growth security focused environment
The majority of work will be performed in Chantilly, Virginia, which is located approximately 25 miles west of Washington D.C., near the Dulles International Airport. The selected Big Data Architect will support a 6+ year contract that General Dynamics recently secured.
General Dynamics Mission Systems (GDMS) engineers a diverse portfolio of high technology solutions, products and services that enable customers to successfully execute missions across all domains of operation. With a global team of 13,000+ top professionals, we partner with the best in industry to expand the bounds of innovation in the defense and scientific arenas. Given the nature of our work and who we are, we value trust, honesty, alignment and transparency. We offer highly competitive benefits and pride ourselves in being a great place to work with a shared sense of purpose. You will also enjoy a flexible work environment where contributions are recognized and rewarded. If who we are and what we do resonates with you, we invite you to join our high performance team!