The full stack web application developer will design, develop, test and deploy an API-enabled Amazon Web Services (AWS) application. The developer will be responsible for all facets of the application development cycle: front-end, middleware, back-end, database and infrastructure.
The developer’s responsibilities will include:
- Full lifecycle web application development.
- AWS infrastructure setup and provisioning (with client IT team support)
- Application design, coding and debugging.
- Software unit and integration testing.
- Source code control
- Performance tuning, balancing and optimization.
- Application deployment into production (with client IT team support).
- System documentation
- User documentation
The application will, at a minimum, provide the following functionality:
- Setup online merchants and stores
- Setup order retrieval schedules
- Retrieve buyer orders from Amazon and other marketplaces such as Shopify, eBay, etc.
- Setup order validation business rules
- Validate buyer orders
- Transmit valid orders to an existing Order Management System (OMS)
- Retrieve order and inventory status information from the OMS
- Update the original buyer order with the information retrieved from the OMS
- Transmit order status and tracking information back to the buyer
- Control all system aspects with minimal operator intervention (processing, scheduling, error handling, etc.)
The application will be highly scalable and will allow users to quickly configure and add new merchants, marketplaces and online shopping carts. The application will be designed and built for high-performance, flexibility, security and low maintenance.
- 2+ years in full-stack, API-enabled AWS application design & development
- 2+ years in front-end development frameworks such as Angular, React, Bootstrap, etc.
- Experience with RESTful api design and implementation.
- Experience with SQL-based RDBMS
- Experience with object-oriented programming
- Experience with AWS cloud platform: EC2, S3, Load Balancing, Beanstalk, etc.
- Experience with git-based source control
- Excellent time and task management skills
- Ability to execute projects with little direction from management
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent client relations management skills
- Phase 1 is about 70% complete and will take about 1 month to complete.
- Other phases are planned contingent upon successful phase 1 completion.
- Mostly remote work.
About Optimizit Inc.
Optimizit Inc. helps clients optimize business performance by optimizing key constructs of business success - process, project and business intelligence. We optimize business processes for optimal operational efficiency. We optimize project execution for speed-to-value, and we build business intelligence solutions for deep, actionable decision-support insights. Our services include: Business Process Reengineering, Workflow Automation, Project Portfolio Management, Application Development, Business Intelligence & Analytics and Management Consulting.
Check us out at: www.optimizit.com
Job Type: Contract
Salary: $55.00 to $65.00 /hour