Our client is a large brand name consumer company that you’ll be excited to tell your family and friends you are doing work with. They are a brand name company in the News and Media industry. For this client, we are looking for a great Android developer to work with our client’s development team to deliver high quality mobile applications. If you are a developer who likes to be challenged, enjoys working on Android, then this position may be for you.
Their Engineering Team is an Agile, high-performance team focused on world-class content, cutting edge technology, outstanding user experiences and using best practices. You will have the opportunity to contribute to products that will be used by millions of people. Being a trusted partner with major tech brands such as Google and Amazon, you will have access to cutting-edge gadgetry months before they are released.
As a Mobile Developer, you will play an integral role in helping to deliver increasingly smarter mobile apps to customers. We are looking for someone with serious Android Software Development skills, strong interests in all things mobile, and a passion for delivering high quality, rock-solid apps.
- Help design and develop exciting new features into existing mobile apps
- Identify, troubleshoot, and solve complex problems
- Build a deep understanding of our use of per-platform technologies
- Understand the complexities of and help integrate different third-party SDKs
- Continuously look for ways to improve what we’re doing and how we do it
- Stay on top of new technologies and trends in the mobile space
- Participate in agile software development practices and peer/code reviews
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering or related technical field
- One or more apps in the Google Play Store and/or Amazon markets
- Strong grasp of computer science fundamentals
- Solid development background in Java and/or Kotlin
- 3+ years experience with Android SDK, Android Studio, and the Android Emulator
- Experience with Amazon Mobile App SDK
- Additional knowledge of RESTful services and other server-side principles is a plus
- Good understanding of Version Control principles, preferably using Git.
- Familiarity with Agile/Scrum
- Good understanding of mobile integration testing principals using tools such as JUnit, Espresso, Robitium or Roboelectric
This is a contract position (the initial engagement will be 6 months, with the possibility of extension) working at our client on-site in North West Washington DC. There is a probability of some remote work on this project (1-2 days/week), but the developer MUST be in the greater DC area, and be willing to be in the office at least three days/week. Hourly rate for this slot would be up to $105/hr for a great Android developer.
If this sounds like you, please respond with your Salary/Hourly rate requirements as soon as possible.
Please no telecommuters or agencies.