How does saving over £1000/year on essential contracting costs sound?
We know that when you’re a contractor, business costs can really rack up. From accounting to insurance, there are many things to factor into your outgoings—the sum of which, of course, comes out of your final income.
That’s why at wellpaid.io, we’ve partnered with a whole array of key contractor service providers, to give the average contractor access to over £1,000 in savings each year. Because as experienced contractors ourselves, we know what it’s like. And who doesn’t like getting a good discount?
And as an added bonus, when getting these discounts you’ll also become part of a fantastic community of tech contractors, and get your own profile that showcases your professional expertise to hirers. Read on to find out how.
So, how do I access these fantastic discounts?
These huge discounts are just one of the perks you’ll enjoy with a wellpaid.io Pro membership.
If you haven’t already come across it, let us introduce you to wellpaid.io—the transparent, contract-only marketplace and job board for contractors and hirers in the tech industry. Back in 2018, founder Chris—an experienced contractor himself—wanted to build a platform that made it easy for contractors to find work, added transparency to the job-searching process, and made it possible for contractors to establish and secure fairer rates for their work. This led to the creation of the first version of wellpaid.io: the contractor job board.
Two years in, we were already sending over 2,500 applications through to active roles each month. But this year, we chose to take the wellpaid.io product to the next level, by launching our new marketplace.
To use the marketplace, contractors and hirers must first sign up as members. Standard contractor plans are free, and give members a profile and access to a private community forum. Then there's the Pro membership (£19/mo + VAT), which contractors can upgrade to in order to access extra benefits—like these discounts.
What discounts do you get as a wellpaid.io Pro member?
We’ve curated the list of discounts to give maximum value to the average contractor, by identifying the most common needs and securing excellent savings on essential costs.
There are over 100 discounts in total, most of which are contractor-specific; these alone can save you up to £1,000/year.
We’ve also included some more general entrepreneur discounts, on things such as popular project management platforms and hardware, which can help with the general running of your business, as well as any side projects you may have.
We’ve listed a selection of our most popular discounts below:
- Free annual IR35 assessments
- Qdos IR35/Tax insurance - 30% off
- Qdos IR35 contract reviews - 20% off
- All-inclusive accountancy services - from £1535.50 / year (£589.50 off)
- Apple Store - up to 6% off*
- Xero - 50% off for 3 months
- AWS Activate - $5000 credit
- Digital Ocean - $250 credit
- Notion - $1000 credit
- PI/PL insurance - From £184.45 / year (15% off)
- 1Password - 25% off first year
* Please provide at least 72 hours notice.
You can find the full list of discounts here.
Is there another discount you think we should have on the list? We’d love to know. Drop us a message at email@example.com and we’ll see what we can do.
What else do you get with a Pro membership?
As we mentioned, when you sign up to wellpaid.io’s Pro membership, you won’t just get access to these discounts. With any wellpaid.io membership (Standard or Pro), you’ll also become part of an active community of 100+ experienced contractors, in which you can:
- discover new jobs from fellow members,
- discuss role-related topics and industry-wide developments, and
- have a dedicated space to share experiences of particular recruiters or agencies with other members.
You'll also be able to receive inbound leads from tech hirers with your own public profile.
And when you’re a Pro member, you’ll also be able to:
- boost your profile when looking for work, helping to accelerate the process of finding your next contract.
It’s also worth mentioning that there are some really exciting new features in the pipeline, which we’ll be announcing soon. And as an early member, you’ll be instrumental in shaping what the wellpaid.io community offers going forward.
How do I become a wellpaid.io Pro member?
Signing up to wellpaid.io Pro and accessing these discounts is quick and simple:
- Head to this page
- Sign up to the Pro membership (in the middle)
- Fill out our short application form*
Once your application has been approved by our team, you can start making the most of your discounts!
*Why do we ask contractors to fill out an application form?
- We want this marketplace to be for high-quality, engaged contractors in the tech industry. Applications are necessary to maintain this standard.
- We also use this process to check if you match any skill shortages among live jobs.
- And of course, being “by-invitation-only” helps us ensure that the marketplace remains recruiter-free.